Monday, December 12, 2011

How do I change IP adress on a computer my son gave me?

will not conect to isp, says ip adress conflictHow do I change IP adress on a computer my son gave me?
Go to Start %26gt; Control Panel and go to Network Connections. Right-click the Local Area Connection (if you're using wired internet) or the Wireless Network connection (if you're using wireless) and choose Properties. In the white window, scroll down until you find Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click it and properties. Once there, select the option to Obtain IP address automatically (and same with DNS servers). That will resolve your IP conflict problem because your computer will get a brand new IP address.How do I change IP adress on a computer my son gave me?
Ah, this will be your internal IP address.



Go to 'My Computer'

Then 'Control Panel'

Then 'Network Connections'

Right-Click the network you want to change 'Local Area' ?

Select 'Properties'

Find the 'TCP/IP' entry in the list and click 'Properties'

Change the 'IP Address' Entry



You most probably only need to change the LAST octet (number) from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.2 or something like that.



This will resolve the conflict.

No comments:

Post a Comment