Monday, December 12, 2011

How To Change IP often Without Affecting others On Network?

How can I change IP in DSL Connection Without affecting others on network?



My bro plays games and I need to constantly change my IP, we have a linksys router, and a modem of course. How can I change my IP without affecting his gaming?





my brother gaming isnt the problem, i have other business to attend to, and it requires me to change my IP every few minutes (3-4 minutes) and while my bro games, I dont want to disconnect him while I do my IP changing.How To Change IP often Without Affecting others On Network?
You can change your local LAN IP all you want, that will not affect your brother at all. However, changing settings in the router and resetting it will always interrupt all users of that router

However, you cannot just change your public IP, the one your ISP gives you - not possible... Even if you could change that one, you cannot just change it every few minutes, your ISP would not allow that - they control your IPHow To Change IP often Without Affecting others On Network?
';i have other business to attend to, and it requires me to change my IP every few minutes (3-4 minutes) ';



Strange requirement. But -



Change your lan address all you want. Go to adapter properties and assign yourself different addresses that are not in the range that your brother uses.



As to the outside address, internet facing, your ISP assigns that, so you can't change it.



Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment