Sunday, November 21, 2010

How can I change my IP adress to a specific number?

The power went out in my area and my external ip address reset to something else. Is there anyway I can change it back to what I had it before? I host a ventrilo server and now that the ip changed people don't know what it is and I don't have there msn or email and I need to talk to them.How can I change my IP adress to a specific number?
Go to Start -%26gt; Control Panel -%26gt; Network Connections -%26gt; Local Area Connection -%26gt; Properties -%26gt; Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).



Keep in mind that different ISP's have different procedures related to IP address changes and if you requested an IP change once and it was approved, it might not be approved so easily the next time.



Best of LuckHow can I change my IP adress to a specific number?
Contact your Internet Provider and ask if it can be changed back, and they might make it a static IP so it will stay the same.
What Ann said. That would be the only way to change it back. Im not sure they will do it though. It may have been reassigned to another user already.

No comments:

Post a Comment