Sunday, November 21, 2010

How can I change my IP address to unban myself from a maplestory private server?

So I just got banned a few hours ago for a REALLY stupid reason, so I want to keep playing in the server because I like it. So I looked for how to change IP's, and I did one that is a .bat file and it changes it I guess, but it still says im banned, and I changed it at least 5 times. Then I did this other think when you go to run, type ipconfig /release, then you click properties on your network, and click internet protocol, and make up your own ip, then press ok, then go to it again but press get me an IP automaticlly, but after that it said i was still banned also. Can someone help me? Thanks :DHow can I change my IP address to unban myself from a maplestory private server?


I assume that this is a computer game and that you are on high speed internet since you are talking about a online game. Keep in mind that on most highspeed internet setups the modem has the public ip address(one you need to change) and your computer which is behind the modem is given a local ip address. The public ip address on the modem is what you need to change. This is the ip address that was more then likely banned in some cases if the person that is banned really made people mad then the server admin will ban the entire ip range of an isp to make sure that the person does not come back on the server.



First off let me first say that even if you change your public ip address more then likely all they are going to do is ban then entire public ip range that your ISP uses. Which means that others in your area with your isp are not going to be able to play is going to end up banning anyone from your area. Your best bet is to wait a few days so that hopefully the admin will have cooled off( we do get mad when we have to ban people because it takes away from our playing time)



To change your public ip address...

First off go to a website like http://whatismyip.com/ so that you can see your public ip address. then ....Unplug the cable or dsl modem. Leave it unpluged for anywhere from 5 mins - an hour. It depends on the isp. When you plug it back in then go back to http://whatismyip.com/ and see if your ip address has changed. If it did not then leave the modem unplugged for an increasing amount of time. If you have left the modem unplugged a long period of time like say overnight and it does not change then you more then likely have a static account ...meaning that you wont be able to change your ip address.





Last but not least some games allow the server admin to ban not only by IP address but also by account name for computer games. Remember that serial number you had to enter when you installed the game well in many cases this is a unique identifier to the server and you can be banned by it.



So if after changing your ip address you are still not able to get on the server then its because he banned your account.How can I change my IP address to unban myself from a maplestory private server?
quit maplestory. its the most lame game i've ever seen. too kiddy
  • get pregnant advice
  • hardware
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment