Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I change my IP on cable modem?

I used to go on a forum religiously, but somehow my IP was blocked. How do I change my IP? I have Comast cable internet, and I connect through a router. I searched other question and they said that you IP changes every week or so. But I tracked my editing on Wikipedia, and my IP hasn't changed since June of 2008.How do I change my IP on cable modem?
Your IP provided by your ISP is dynamic, which changes frequently. The IP that your are talking about was provided by your router. I would just goto the site via a proxy.



An IP address is a unique number that identifies each computer on the network or assigned by your ISP.

Example 216.27.61.137

Computer reads it like:

The number that you see is is decimal form (form we can read)

The computer reads this number in binary (machine code)

So 11011000.00011011.00111101.10001001



There is two types of IP's, one assigned by the ISP and one assigned by the router.



The ISP, or internet service provider, lends out the IP per customer.



So your house has an IP, the library has an IP and a school has its own unique IP.



Then there is an IP that is leased out to you by a router. It is used to define all the nodes (peripherals) on the router.



So your ISP IP might be 70.456.....

But you router IP might be 192.168...



Regards,



DaneHow do I change my IP on cable modem?
Control Panel -%26gt; Network Connections -%26gt; LAN -%26gt; Properties -%26gt; TCP/IP -%26gt; IP Address
Go into router settings, and enable DHCP. This will assign you a new IP adress. Or.... Reset cable modem from scratch... orrrrr use a proxie server.

No comments:

Post a Comment