Friday, November 19, 2010

How to change FIOS IP?

After googling question it appears that most people has no problems with changing their IPs with theirs FIOS. According to posts I found all which is necessary is simply rebooting router. For some reason it doesn't works this way with my Verizon FIOS.. My configuration is: OPT %26gt;coax%26gt; Actiontec router%26gt;ethernet cable%26gt;%26gt;Vonage wireless router %26gt;%26gt; laptop wireless + desktop connected with Ethernet cable. I tried both rebooting Actiontech router (IP didn't changed) and setting different MAC with ';MAC clone'; on Actiontech (couldn't connect to Internet at all). What am I missing? How do I change my IP? I feel ability to change IP is really issue of safety.How to change FIOS IP?
In reading your question. I'm finding it hard to nunderstand it.. are you talking about the ip adressing scheme inside you network... or the ip address the router gets from verizon...





Unless your paying for a static IP addres...The router works similiarly to a computer in the role of using DHCP... you'll never get to choose our ip address.



I guess the real question that needs to be asked...why is it so important to have your IP adress change???? for the sake of doing so???



If it's not broke don't mess with it.....



If your heart is really set on having your IP address changed. can the tech support folks and have them ';break dhcp lease';



You may get the same IP address back but that is about the only way (besides paying for an IP adress) of changing you IP address on the nerwork...but no gurantees how long you will ';keep' that address. with DHCP there is no ';static'; addresses and you will not be able to do a web hosting..



anywho hope this helpsHow to change FIOS IP?
I don't know the Verizon setup but it smells like they use the mac address of the thing as part of your rights to network. Then changing it takes you out of their realm, so to speak.



Might be stuck....or I misread this. The mac addy to change would be the router mac addy right before the cable/dsl modem.
  • pets
  • anyone else had any luck
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment